Visa Systems Issues June 2015
Technological Systems Issue
Visa System Issues
- All visa-issuing embassies and consulates are now back online. We are scheduling visa interviews and issuing nonimmigrant and immigrant visas.
- We issued more than 410,000 nonimmigrant visas from June 21 through June 29. Consular staff worked through the weekend to diminish our backlog, the bulk of which has now been cleared.
- We have issued all remaining H-2 visas for temporary workers that were pending during the June 9 – June 19 timeframe. Mexico posts are now processing all H-2 visas as normal.
- We are still experiencing problems with some online immigrant visa application forms. We hope to have a fix in place for this by early next week.
- We deeply regret the inconvenience to travelers who are waiting for visas, as well as their families and U.S. businesses that have been affected.
Please find more information from the Department of State here
use the Permalink